East Coast Shade Design will service warranty issues in respect of products that we have installed.
East Coast Shade Design will provide a guarantee of workmanship including installation and erection of the product for a period of 24 months beyond the installation date.
After that time, a service fee may be charged for attendance to site.
Exclusions from coverageEast Coast Shade Design or the manufacturer will NOT be responsible for the following:
- Damages to the product resulting from anything other than an inherent manufacturing defect in the Product, including without limitation, damage caused or contributed to by:
- use of the Product for purposes other than that for which the Product was originally designed or intended
- fair wear and tear
- weather conditions (including winds – see wind rating if applicable on some products, storms), force majeure events and natural disasters, such as floods, lightning, hail, windstorms, tornadoes and earthquakes
- exposure of the product to damaging substances, such as chemicals, oils or solvents, or to mechanical friction, scratching, abrasion, chipping or any other impact
- tensioning the Product beyond its tear and tensile capabilities;
- any act or omission of any person other than East Coast Shade Design, including misuse, neglect, accident or abuse
- movement or defects in the building, walls, foundation, or any other material or structure used as a base over which the Product is installed
- any variation, alteration or modification to the Product in any way unless approved in writing by East Coast Shade Design
- The continued use of your Product after any defect becomes apparent or would have become apparent to a reasonably prudent operator or user.
- Any variations or defects in appearance, colour or shade or defects which are of a purely aesthetic or cosmetic nature, including any surface corrosion on aluminium/steel products, or colour fading of the Product, or any deterioration in the chemical composition of the fabric of the Product for any reason including exposure to ultra-violet rays.
- Any travel or accommodation expenses or any labour and other costs involved with the removal or repair of the defective Product, or on-site assembly or installation of the replacement Product. These costs are NOT covered by the manufacturer’s warranty and may need to be paid separately to East Coast Shade Design.
- Compensation for any delay in either replacing or repairing the Product or in properly assessing a claim under your Warranty.
You undertake to use the product as intended and follow the manufacturers instructions on their use.
Council requirements, building code compliance, permits, set back requirements, and property line issues. These are the property owner's responsibility to handle as necessary. East Coast Shade Design is held harmless from any disputes, litigation, disagreements, payments, or any problems that may arise, regarding faulty installation, property line disagreements, permits, set back requirements, or any other problems regarding installation of the Products.
Submitting a claim under warranty
You must bring to our attention any warranty issue as soon as it becomes apparent.
To claim please contact our office on email@example.com or phone 1300 668 187.
To expedite the process please provide:
- Location of product (address)
- Original quote or invoice number
- Photos of the issue