Shade Mesh Blinds
Shade Cloth Outdoor Blinds achieve shade protection whilst allowing air movement and aesthetic appeal.
In contrast to Clear PVC blinds, Shade Mesh Outdoor Blinds offer a level of UV and sunlight protection. Most fabric options allow good visibility from the inside out whilst still providing a degree of privacy. Air moves through the fabric allowing heat to escape.
Although not 100% rain proof, shade mesh blinds will provide an element of protection against the rain. Light rain tends to hit the shade mesh and fall to the ground on the outside of the blind, the small proportion of water in a heavier rain fall that would make its way inside the perforations of the mesh don't travel very far.
Shade Mesh Blinds Options
Mechanism - Straight Drop, Wire Guides or Ziptrack® blinds.
Material choices - Choose from a large range of shade mesh colours.
Operation - motorised or non motoried.
Check out our Outdoor Blinds photo gallery to see examples of our work and find the solution that is right for you.
Shade Mesh Applications:
We have installed shade mesh blinds in domestic applications around pergolas, decks, across windows. Ziptrack® blinds enable outdoor areas to be fully enclosed to offer protection against sun, uv, rain, insects.
Commercial installations of shade mesh blinds have included cafes and restaurants. In these applications seating capacity is usually increased as patrons are more comfortable and areas that may not otherwise be used in certain weather situations come into play.
Case StudySee our case study of shade mesh Ziptrak® outdoor blind installation at a cafe in Wollombi.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I use shade mesh or clear PVC for my outdoor blinds?
Over many years of installation experience we have observed what works well in what situations what considerations there are to work through to make sure you get the result you are after. Here are some thoughts and comments:Clear PVC
- Is obviously fully transparent so there may be reason to select this as the optimum choice
- Provides wind and rain protection
- Does not provide sun protection
- Is 100 % waterproof as a material
- It does degenerate over time and will fade to a cloudy colour
- Shows creases and crease marks may stay as white marks on the material
- Can get very warm inside the clear PVC
- Is not breathable and does not allow for air movement through the material
- Maximum roll width for clear PVC is 1350mm therefore there tends to be more seams with this material choice than with shade mesh
- PVC blinds tend to shrink and grow - they show distinct changes in characteristics depending on hot or cold weather
- Provides an element of privacy
- Gives sun, wind and rain protection
- Comes in a variety of colour options
- Shade mesh is still transparent - can be seen out of but not into.
- Allows air to circulate and maintain a more regulated environment
- Although not 100% rain proof, shade mesh will provide an element of protection against the rain. Rain tends to hit the shade mesh and fall to the ground on the outside of the blind, the small proportion of water in a heavier rain fall that would make its way inside the perforations of the mesh don't travel very far.
- Blinds can generally be made in one single sheet of material minimising seams within the blind.
- Very stable fabric, doesn't shrink or expand.
Shade Mesh Blind Options
To see our full range of Shade Mesh Blind styles and options, view the Photo Gallery and download the product brochures -
Conservatory Awning VZ520 (232 KB)
Outdoor Blinds SC670 (233 KB)
Pivot Arm Outdoor Blind FR600 (294 KB)
Straight Drop Blind FR300 (251 KB)
Ziptrak Brochure (372 KB)
Ziptrak Outdoor Flyer (513 KB)
Get a Quote or call 1300 668 187